The key to better performance is better cooperation and communication within the profession. Your participation will benefit not only yourself, but other members of NJPELRA as well. Current membership includes labor relations representatives from State and local government agencies, school districts, community colleges and public authorities.
Members work full time in these political subdivisions representing management at the bargaining table with public employee unions, or as lawyers and consultants.
We encourage you to complete the application form today and join with your fellow labor relations professionals in an organization designed to enhance you through the profession and the profession through you.
Membership in NJPELRA provides numerous benefits, programs and services, which will eventually include:
- Contact with labor relations professionals around New Jersey through a membership roster; listing names, addresses and telephone numbers of colleagues around the state.
- An annual professional conference devoted to training and information exchange of problems and solutions in public sector labor relations.
- A management advocate in Trenton expressing positions, ideas and concerns on issues before the Legislature, and relaying information on prospective and enacted legislation
- A liaison with other public employer organizations for the collective development and presentation of legislation.
- A regular newsletter, with recent developments and current issues of interest and concern.
- A clearinghouse for information on recent settlements in collective bargaining through-out the state.
The chief benefit of membership in NJPELRA is the discovery that problems, which seem to defy solution or appear to be unique can be resolved through the Association’s chief resource – your professional colleagues.
NJPELRA is affiliated with the National Public Employer Labor Relations Association (NPELRA). Therefore, you receive two memberships for the price of one.
The membership of NPELRA is composed of the leading management advocates in the country. Almost every major public employer in the country is represented by a member of NPELRA.
This pool of expertise, experience and knowledge provides labor relations resources which are unparalleled by any other organization in the country.
Active Membership $200 annually
Shall be open to any person employed full time by a state, county, federal, or municipal government; public corporation or authority; special district; public school system; college or university; who is assigned the principal or subordinate responsibility for the employee relations function exclusively on behalf of management.
Agency Membership $475 annually
Open to any unit of local government, any institution of higher education or department or agency of state government or inter-governmental organization. Agency memberships carry only three NPELRA memberships.